So I was talking to my mom about how I’m probably going to the gay pride parade here in Ottawa on Sunday, and she said “watch out, all the ladies are going to flock to you.” So I said, “why would I watch out? that’d would be very flattering.”
She says, “but then you’d have to tell them, sorry I’m straight”
all I did in response to that was kind of make a hmm/pfft/hah sound
In that moment I questioned whether I should tell my mom that I’m bi. It would have been a good time to do so, but I don’t know if I ever really want to tell my parents, unless I meet a girl that I like enough to date.
I’m kind of upset that she just assumed I was straight. I figured after all of my years blatantly saying female celebrities were attractive, and having (multiple) pictures of Emma Watson and fashion models framed on my walls she would know I wasn’t completely straight. Especially with how excited I got when I went to pride in Peterborough last year, and when I told her I was going this year, ugh this is so frustrating.
Basically all of my friends, except for one, knows that I’m bi, it’s not like I’m actively trying to hide it from anyone. That’s not to say that I ever go out of my way to tell people. If it comes up then I’ll tell people. I guess next time something like that happens with my parents I’ll just tell them.
So so many things are happening and I’m so excited that I need to write them all down!
- I moved to Ottawa to be an Au Pair/Nanny! The family is awesome, and I love hanging out with the kids :)
- On September 7th, I’m going to Ottawa Folkfest and I’ll get to see Sondre Lerche, The Avett Brothers and Hey Ocean! in addition to a few workshops they’re having that day. One workshop is about home recording and the pros/cons etc. I’m so excited for that one!
- In October I’m going to New York City with the family and I may be going to NYCComicCon, but mostly excited to meet up with some of my YouTube friends!
- I’m going home for Christmas, and I’m so excited to just be home for the holidays :)
- At the end of June I’m going to Vidcon, and I’m bringing some friends from home!
- And finally the family invited me to come to Norway with them for a month from mid July to mid August!
LIKE SHIT HOW EXCITING IS ALL OF THAT STUFF. GODDAMN I DONT EVEN WANT TO SLEEP IM SO AMPED ABOUT EVERYTHING!